Dog Crate plays an important role in dogs traning. Here you will find best dog crate reviews, so you can get an idea how which one is best for your Dog.
Top 6 Best Dog Crate Review in 2018
1. Merry Products Pet Cage with Dog Crate Cover Review
Have you desisted from buying a dog crate because you do not find them to be aesthetically pleasing? Well, with the Merry Products Pet Cage with Crate Cover that is no longer an issue. This is one of the most stylish and beautiful dog crates with a high rating and sales based on that alone. It looks like wood through it is not really wood. The top can serve as a table in the room. The sides are meshed wires which give the dog the requisite visibility of things around the house and most importantly ventilation. This dog crate assembled quickly without the need for tools and in a few minutes. There is a divider panel with this dog crate that can be adjusted as your puppy grows in size. You can take this crate with you to different places you would like to take your dog because of its stylish design. Find elegant dog houses here.
Merry Products Pet Crate Cage with Dog Crate Cover specifications
- Weighs 62 pounds to 63 pounds when shipped
- Measures 28” x 42” x 30” dimensions. Other sizes are also available for this dog crate to accommodate any pet size that you have.
- Small size measures 24 x 18 x 19 inches for pets up to 20lbs, the medium size is 30 x 19 x 21 inches suitable pets up to 50lbs and large size measuring 42 x 28 x 30 inches, suitable for pets up to 100lbs
- The crate is covered by panels which gives an appropriate design that matches the furniture and interior décor
- The top of the dog crate is a stylish table on which other items can be stored
- The floor is a removable plastic that is easily removable for cleaning. Most cushion sizes also fit the floor tray to provide comfort to your beloved pet.
2. Richell Wood Mobile Pet Pen 940, Autumn Matte Finish Dog Crate Review:
The Richell Wood Mobile Pet Pen 940, Autumn Matte Finish dog crate is a stylishly designed dog crate that is very handy for keeping your pets as opposed to locking them up in some clamped cage or even leaving your dog to wander around the house destroying things or scaring visitors. Any medium sized dog pet as a Chihuahua would fit perfectly in this crate still giving enough room for water and food.
The best feature of the pet pen from Richell Wood is the addition of wheels. This eases the movement of the dog crate especially for the old or physically disabled. The top is removable which enables you to give your dog food without opening the door if it is the playful pet that will run away and take an eternity to get back into the crate. The flooring is a tray that is washable and easily maintained. The dog crate sells for approximately 160 dollars as listed on Amazon though this could vary with the online shop from where you will buy it.
Richell Wood Mobile Pet Pen Autumn Matte Finish Dog Crate Specifications
- Measures 36.8 by 24.2 by 26 inches and weighs 29.4 pounds that allows only small to medium dogs weighing up to 50 pounds
- The Richell dog crate is fitted with a side door and a removable top. The base is a solid plastic tray. You can cushion the tray to add extra comfort to your pet. The flooring tray is easily removable for cleaning. The wire top that is removable makes explicitly access to the pet easy for feeding or giving it water.
- The meshed design allows the pet to interact with the room environment in addition to providing ventilation.
- The finishing of the Richell Wood Mobile Pet Pen is Autumn Matte which coupled with the brown color makes the dog crate blend well with the furniture and the interior décor of any room.
3. Petmate 21647 Pet Porter Fashion Dog Crate, Giant, Dark Gray Review:
Have you ever wanted a dog crate to use for traveling around on road or air? Then the giant, dark grey Petmate 21647 Pet Porter Fashion Dog Crate is the best bet. It is the perfect dog crate that meets the requirements of most airlines and can also fit on the car seat perfectly for road usage. Also, this dog crate can be used for a visit to the veterinary office and light travel to your friends. The fashion dog crate from Petmate is made from a plastic shell that is heavy duty and finished with plastic wing nuts and wire doors. Pets weighing up to 50 lbs and 34 inches tall can be used with this dog crate. Because of its easy portability, the pricing of 229.99 dollars as listed on Amazon is competitive enough compared to other similar dog crates. Most
Petmate 21647 Pet Porter Fashion Dog Crate, Giant, Dark Gray Specifications
- Weighing approximately 51.6 pounds which means it can be used by dogs weighing up to 50 lbs. However, it is recommended that you only use it with small to medium dogs weighing 20 lbs or slightly more.
- The following pets can be used with the dog crate; Irish Setters, Doberman Pinchers, Bullmastiffs, Newfoundlands and Saint Bernards among others.
- The most common product dimensions are 48 by 32 by 35 inches. The combined size and the manageable weight makes this dog crate the best for light travel to vet appointments or other offices either in the car, on foot or by air. Specifically, it meets most airline requirements for pets and luggage
- Made from the plastic shell that is long lasting given that it is heavy duty. Also, it is recyclable which makes it environment-friendly.
- The wingnuts are made of plastic and the door meshes which gives you pet ventilation and the requisite visibility to interact with the surroundings.
- Provides the best security and comfort for your dog during travel.
4. Midwest Ultima Pro Series Dog Crate Review:
If you are a pet owner who prefers durable and a high-quality dog crate, then the Midwest Ultima Pro Series Dog Crate should be an ideal option. It is the only dog crate from Midwest that uses heavy and thick gauge wires. The price is favorable at approximately 100 dollars or near depending on the specific store. If you especially have a large breed dog like the German Shepherd, Kuvasz, Collie, Greyhound, Giant Schnauzer or any other that can get particularly violent then choose this strong model for it. Not only will it present you with security and safety but your dog will also enjoy comfort, ventilation and visual interaction with whatever is taking place in the room or wherever it will be housed.
Despite the size, the Ultima pro dog crate is still easily movable and can be assembled with little effort, time and no tools at all. This dog crate is handy for showrooms for breeders, trainers and anybody else who is an n enthusiast with large breed dogs.
Midwest Ultima Pro Series Dog Crate specifications
- Weighs 39 pounds and can be used with any dog pet weighing up to 110 pounds
- The dimensions of different models of the dog crate are 25 by 18.5 by 21 inches for the 724UP model, 31 by 21.5 by 24 inches for 730UP model, 37 by 24.5 by 28 inches for 736UP model, 43 by 28.5 by 31.5 for the 742UP model and 49 by 30 by 35 for the 748UP model.
- Constructed using professional steel gauge construction.
- The finishing is a durable coating with black powder.
- 3 door system on the front, back, and the side door. The doors can be removed and modified as desired.
- The doors are secured by latches that dual slide bolt which enhances the security of your pet. The latches provide security for your dog crate and also keep your dog in when it charges on the walls to escape.
- The dog crate comes with a divider panel suitably used when the dog is still small in size which can be removed when it is
5. Precision Pet Two-Door Great Crate, Black Dog Crate Review:
Owning a pet dog is a beautiful thing not unless you have a safe territory, like the black precision pet two-door great dog crate where you can lock it up if need be. Unlike other dog crates, your pet will have the privilege of seeing whatever is going on around it private retreat. This dog crate provides ventilation, security, safety, comfort and most importantly visual access to your dog given that it is a wired kennel with rounded corners and closer meshed design. This dog crate has two compartments with two doors that can be adjusted if need be, like when the puppy grows in size beyond a single compartment. The plastic pan on which it rests is leak proof and provides a resting comfort for your dog. For only $105.87, this dog crate is worth more than its pricing.
Precision Pet Two-Door Great Crate, Black Dog Crate specifications
- Black in color.
- Measures 42” by 28” by 31” for the large size which is the most common.
- Other sizes available are x-small 19” x 12” x 15”, small size 24” x 18” x 20”, medium size 30” x 19” x 22”, medium-large size 36” x 23” x 26” and the largest jumbo size measuring 48” x 30” x 33”.
- Weighs 8 pounds and 43.5 pounds when shipped. Suits dogs up to 90 pounds, for example, the Rottweilers
- The kennel is of meshed design and can easily assemble and broken down for movement or setup. The mesh improves ventilation and allows your pet visibility of the surroundings.
- Purchase includes divider panel, removing floor (plastic pan) and a training guide for your pet. The plastic pan is washable.
- Double doors, one on the side and another in front of the dog crate
- Durable because of the metallic materials used and the finishing, black epoxy.
- Built with close wire spacing with rounded corners that give it enough security and strength to prevent breakage when the dog charges on it.
- The latches are of deadbolt style which makes the dog crate completely secure.
6. 48″ Extra Large Dog Crate/Kennel Review:
If you prefer the large dog pets that do not fit easily in the common stylish dog crate, then the 48″ Extra Large Dog Crate/Kennel is the best for you. The crate is a massive 48 inches tall compared to the common 34-inch height which makes it suitable for adult dog pets. Weighing between 90 to 120 lbs like the Siberian Husky, Doberman Pinscher, the Rottweiler, the German Shepherd, Kuvasz, Collie, Greyhound, Giant Schnauzer, Bullmastiff, Bouvier Des Flandres and other large dog breeds. This dog crate is strong and re enough to keep your large perhaps aggressive dog safe. The beauty of this large crate is that it folds down easily and transportation is not a problem. It can be placed in any room or shed, and the mesh design gives the dog the visibility access to interact with the room in addition to the unlimited ventilation to your dog kennel. For 68.99 dollar price as listed on Amazon, this is one of the cheapest dog crate/kennel on the market.
48″ Extra Large Dog Crate/Kennel specifications
- Weighs 35 pounds
- Measures 49 by 29 by 32 inches with the mesh made of 12, 8, 6 and 4 gauge wires. The mesh measures 1 ½ inches by 4 7/8 inches
- Can be folded easily for transportation to a different place
- Designed with rounded edges that is safe for the puppy in case he brushes against it. The rounded edges are also safe for moving the dog crate around in case it brushes on the carpet or someone.
- Made of strong wire mesh and electro-coated finishing that makes this dog crate durable.
- The bolt latches are compact keeping your pet safe in addition to withstanding the pressure even from the most aggressive dogs.
- The extra large dog crate comes with a pane divider that is optional. Can be used especially when the dog is still young or when you have two puppies.
- The flooring of this dog crate is a deluxe solid metal pan that is black coated. The pan is very easy to clean and fitted with a cushion to provide comfort for your dog.
Dog Crate Training
One of the best things that you can do for your pet is to train them to go into a crate regularly. Many people tend to balk at this, thinking that it is cruel for the dog but in reality, the dog loves to have its space. This is easy to see whenever the dog crate training is complete and the animal will often find its way to that area to seek some solitude.
The dog crate training process can be a difficult one, however, especially whenever the dog is suffering from separation anxiety. It is essential to make sure that you ease the dog into the crate training, not to put them in the crate and leave them there for hours. This will eventually be possible, but you must make sure that your dog is happy with the crate from the very start.
Choosing the appropriate size enclosure is also an essential part of dog crate training. You would want to have an area that was large enough for your dog to stand up and turn around, but not much larger than that. Having a large crate can cause problems, especially with a dog that is not properly housebroken. Having the right size crate will give your dog a sense of security once they are properly trained.
One other thing that I would like to mention is that you should always pay attention to the location of the crate, as well as to the design of it. Putting a crate in an area where the sun will be on it directly at some point while the dog is inside of it, for example, could harm the dog, or perhaps even worse. Always make sure that you think about the times that the dog will be inside of the crate and choose an appropriate location.