A down comforter is a luxurious way to feel your sleep. Down comforters are not only made for cold weather. There is a huge range of it to choose for all seasons in the market. They are differentiated by weight as well. You not only enjoy the gentle warmth of your down comforters in the winter only, but it can be used for all year round as you have options to purchase a down comforter with lightweight, natural and breathable material as well. The down comforter is not filled with feathers. The down does not have a flat or a stiff shape like actual feathers too.
- Comes in solid white color
- Plushy feel and perfect level warmth
- Easily maintained and washed in a machine Also dried in a dryer
- Inner filling is kept safe
- High fill power makes the comforter best and soft
- Available in various sizes and comes in solid white
- Inner filling structured enhances its luxurious feel, warmth and long-lasting performance.
- Baffle Box design to avoid any shifting in your comforter and Side-Gusset
- Dry clean only
- 500TC Cotton Cover. Hypo-allergenic, Allergy Free.
- 100% Egyptian Cotton Cover
- Luxurious 1200 Thread Count
- It provide medium warmth making it great for all season use
- King size measures 106" x 90". Hypo-allergenic Allergy free
- Duvet is Filled with 750+ fill power, 50 oz fill weight, premium white
- It can be dry cleaned
- 100% Egyptian Cotton Cover
- Filling with 750+ Fill power, 60 oz Fill Weight, Hand Harvested White Goose Down
- 600 Thread Count Hypo-allergenic, Allergy Free
- Goose Down Comforter is 90 x 90 inches in size
- Ultra-plush Baffle Box design
We find below Down Comforter best in among all other Down Comforters.
Royal Hotel’s King Size Goose Down Alternative Comforter
This luxurious looking King size best goose down comforter has a long lasting filling inside composed of down-alternative fill, giving you the best medium level warmth. It has a medium weight and would not be an issue to maintain it or wash it when needed. It has been sized correctly to cover the king size bed having the dimensions as 106×90 inches and leave plenty of extra space covered, on the king size bed. It weighs 6.5 pounds in total. The fill power is about 750+ and fills weight of 86 ounces. The cover on the filling is 100% cotton with a 300 thread count to ensure a supply and soft outer peel.
- The cover also can retain the filling safely within the cover.
- It comes in solid white color and gives a plushy feel and perfect level warmth and comfort for the user.
- Further, it can be maintained and washed easily in a machine and can be dried in a dryer without losing its features and overall finish.
- Also, the inner filling is kept safe with long lasting results with the use of baffled box design and a 1-inch gusset throughout the sides, which prevents shifting of the fill.
- High fill power makes the comforter a best and soft.
- The only concern about this comforter is its fluffiness. It is not as fluffy as it seems to be or expected by the customers and also needs some time to gain its maximum fluff.
- In addition to this, people feel that it’s a bit warmer than it should be and it may not be acceptable if you need medium warmth.
Before purchasing a good one for you, it would be right to know what to look for buying to make a great purchase. Here are some essential tips that you should keep in mind when shopping for a high quality down comforters. Read on to know more about it.
Top 5 Best Down Comforters Review on 2018
California-King Size Down Comforter Review
There is nothing better than a 100% original goose down comforter. This California king down comforter fulfills all qualities you would expect from the best goose down comforter. It is composed of Siberian goose down, making it fluffy, soft and durable with a medium level warmth. Due to its well-balanced comfort and warmth level, you can efficiently use this comforter throughout the year, without having any issues. The goose down filling is covered with 500TC, 100 percent Egyptian cotton cover. Also, there is a side gusset to help you enjoy an excellent spread warmth throughout the comforter. It is easy to maintain and weighs about 30 pounds and has a 60 oz down filling.
- The high thread count value ensures a soft and supple finish as well as a sure thing to keep the goose down safe inside.
- Another quality of this fabulous comforter is the luxurious fluff and fill power of 750FP.
- Due to the high fill power, the comforter is capable of retaining its fluff and luxurious feel for a long time.
- It is available in various sizes and comes in solid white.
- In addition to its external attributes, the inner filling is also structured in a way that enhances its luxurious feel, warmth and long-lasting performance.
- The filling is maintained by a baffle box design that ensures; there will be no shifting of the down fill after a prolonged usage. It can only be dry cleaned due to the fact down cannot be machine washed.
- Some slight issues people face can be the increased warmth due to the fact it is made of down, but still, the breathable nature gives you a comfortable feel, even in the summers.
- Also, it would be a slightly heavier than the alternative down comforter but has sufficient fluff to make you feel soft and comfortable without overburdening.
Oversized-Reversible Striped-Down Alternative Comforter
Best down alternative comforters have their benefits and are currently considered as a modern necessity for a comfortable bedding. This fluffy top by Blowout Bedding has got the comfort and luxury that you can enjoy all the year long, regardless of the seasonal changes and temperature highs and lows. In addition to its elegant cover that is capable of keeping the inner fill safe and would not let it out at any time, the cover has got a double appearance, one being plain white and the other side has stripped design to give you a reversible comforter for your usage. It weighs 55 oz or 5.7 pounds and is capable of giving you a medium warmth.
- The reason behind it is that it is filled with alternative down filling material that matches the softness and warmth provided by the actual down.
- It comes with fine 100% polyester filling that has been filled equally throughout the comforter. The outer cover is made of microfiber that ensures a safe cover for the inner filling.
- Due to the fine microfiber piling the exterior remains wrinkle-free and doesn’t pile, no matter for how long it has been in use or has been washed over time.
- It comes with corner tabs to help you fit the comforter into a comforter cover.
- The exterior is soft and breathable, making it a comfortable, soft bedding accessory you can use in all seasons.
- The filling is kept in place with the help of boxed design and can be machine washed and dried without being harmed or any issues regarding filling leakage via the seams.
1200 Thread Count King Siberian Goose Down comforter Review
Among the highest quality features of a down comforter, the most important are the cover that ensures the soft and breathable surface as well as keeps the filling safe from getting leaked. And also, the fill power and filling distribution of the top quality down. If you have got all these features in one comforter, then you should not miss to buy it. This pure down comforter manufactured By Egyptian linen has got the highest quality attributes that you can enjoy. The exterior is made of 100 % Egyptian cotton having 1200 thread count per square inch, ensuring a supple finish and a safer coverage for the down to stay inside without any issues. The fill power is about 750FP, and the total fill weight is 50 oz.
- The surface, as well as the filling, is breathable to maintain the fluff inside and lets you enjoy a sweat-free warmth when you are in your bed.
- The down is distributed equally throughout the most comfortable comforter with the help of 1X1 square foot boxes.
- Another quality feature of this comforter is its hand harvested quality down filling that is not a common to occur feature among most of the down comforters.
- The comforter is very easy to use and can be dry cleaned.
LUXURIOUS Queen Size Siberian GOOSE DOWN Comforter Review
Though Siberian is a term, that is used to exhibit the ability of the filling to provide extra warmth and the capability to resist cold or extreme weather as it can be observed in Siberia as down doesn’t come from Siberia. Rather, it is to show that, this comforter exhibits all the features you need to cope with extreme colds and winter season. This is an excellent, well manufactured, pure goose down comforter. It is capable of maintaining the fluff for up to 5-6 inches within each box center. It weighs about 10.4 pounds and has a filling of 60 oz with a fill power 750+ FP. The exterior is covered with 100% pure Egyptian cotton with 600TC per square inch. The inner filling is divided by little baffled boxed infrastructure, to make sure the down filling stays in its place and would not shift within the cells.
- The comforter has a filling that is well spread and kept in place with the help of baffled box compartments, so there are no chances or developing clumps or shifting of the down filling, ensuring a long-lasting comfort and warmth.
- Due to its fluffy filling and quality down used as its filling material, the fluffy comforter is capable of giving you a high-level comfort, medium level warmth and is very easy to use with no extra weight.
- The comforter is hypoallergenic and is 100 % free of any allergies or dust issues.
- It is composed of 100 % goose down so it may not be able to be washed at home in a washing machine and will need to be dry cleaned.
- Also, it would be slightly warmer as compared to alternative down comforters and may feel unfit for warmer climatic conditions.
Guide To Choose
Look for the best comforter that comes within your budget
At first, set a budget. Keeping that in mind, you need to determine how many down comforters you will need for your home and how much you can spend on each comforter. In this scenario, it would be perfect if you try to pay more so that your comforter will last longer. It is important to keep in mind that how you would like to sleep, whether you need extra warmth or not. You may opt for a lightweight or may go with heavy weight. Determine your down comforter according to your sleeping habits as well. As the down has the advantage of being insulating without increasing weight and is highly comfortable too. But it is not recommended for allergy sufferers. Some unique washing methods can trigger allergy problems.
When you are going to buy it, you have to pay for high quality. Yes, you may find synthetic fills are less pricey, but they cannot regulate temperature as a down comforter.
Choose a Filing you want to have:
When shopping for a down comforter, you should know about the filing. The down is a natural insulator and highly desired for its fluffy fill and lightweight nature. Although feathers can provide some insulation, they are mainly used to give support.
Goose down used to make down comforter. You may have an option in both gray and white goose down. You may prefer white goose down as it cannot show through your white comforter shells. Goose down comes from larger birds and provides more massive cluster. The undeniably large goose group is more durable than duck ones.
Most manufacturers use goose down comforter, but you will get the option in filling with the duck- down also. You may find duck down in the lower end comforters. The filling with goose and duck down can give equal insulation. Geese are wild, and their down is plucked after capturing them. Certainly, the clusters of the geese are more mature. They can be larger and warmer than duck ones as the ducks can be farmed and their group size may vary.
Check the designs available in the market and determine what is best for you:
You will get plenty of varieties in the market. Here are some common designs and their benefits.
- Baffle box -In this kind of down comforters, strips of fabric are sewn between the top and bottom layers of the comforter. Those pieces of fabric are known as baffles. This one is designed for creating compartments for the fill. You can have a fully expanded bedding to get the highest loft.
- Gusset -In gusset design, walls are being designed around the outer edge of the comforter. It means the walls connect the top and bottom layers of it. To maximize loft, edges add height to this. These comforters come in baffle box or box stitch.
- Diamond-comforted -In this design, the top and bottom layers of comforters are sewn to form a diamond pattern. This design eliminates shifting of the fill as well.
- Ring-Stitch -To create small circles, the top and bottom layers of the comforter are sewn together. In this type of construction, fill can move around the comforter.
- Karo-Step -In cross-stitch design, fill cannot walk through compartments of the own comforter freely. But this allows some movement to the fill. Karo- step is sewn through or baffled designed.
- Sewn-Through box stitch – You will see a frame pattern design, in which the top and bottom layers are sewn together. This type of comforter restricts the movement of the fill.
- Sewn-Through Channel Stitch -In this design, the top and bottom layers of the comforter are sewn together in vertical or horizontal rows. Fill can have more movement here than a box stitched comforter.
You have to choose your comforter amongst these designs. Make sure which one is greatest for you. If you want a lofty down comforter, then you can go with baffle-box construction. As baffle-box construction has a grid-like stitching, it keeps down loftier and prevents to form tiny gaps.
Buy a perfect fabric:
When you need down comforters for you, don’t forget the material is also important. Down comforters are made with both cotton and linen. Choose accordingly. Understand what you exactly need to sleep comfortably and make your purchase.
Select a well-stitched comforter depending on thread count:
Thread plays an important role to make your down comforter work for you. A higher thread count provides a tighter weave to the fabric. It helps to make the fabric soft as well. If you choose a down comforter with a higher thread count and tighter wave, you can be sure that you are purchasing a quality thing that can hold fill well and will last longer. If thread count or weave is not right, there is a high chance that the filling can shift and bunch eventually. The fill may be unevenly distributed after long-term use or washing. To prevent this, a well-stitched comforter having baffle box construction could be the best fit for you.
Determine the thickness or fill power of comforter you want to buy:
Down comforters come with a fill power. Fill power is a number that tells you how much fill is there in particular down comforters. The range of fill power lies between 525 to 700. You will get a fluffier one upon choosing a higher number in fill power. For example, if you want to buy a lightweight down comforter, buy one with a lower fill power number. And if you like to have a heavyweight comforter, go with higher fill power number and get extra warmth during the sleep. A fill power is having 600 rating or more, is enough to create an excellent loft and better insulating power. Obviously, you will get loftier and fluffy down comforter with increasing fill power numbers.
Fill power is the measure to determine the amount of gap one ounce of down takes. It is the indicator of warmth and quality of a down comforter for summer. If you buy down comforter having fill power number up to 400, you will get a very soft and lightweight warmth to feel at night. To get all season warmth, you should go with fill power 400-599. If you are looking for the best lightweight down comforter but want to feel warm while putting on at night, you have to go with fill power 600-799. And lastly, if you are looking for a down comforter that will provide you highest insulation and is best for winter warmth, buy with fill power number 800 and up.
What is Best Down Comforter Brand?
To find the perfect comforter, one must take account of various factors such as comforter fill as it is one of the factors that make a significant impact on the comfort level. For a long-lasting, soft feel, down comforters are highly recommended. To get rid of dander completely, the alternative down polyfill is the best choice.
Another point you must be sure to take note of is the warmth levels of the comforter. Consideration of territorial climates and your preferences is vital before you select your comforter. Weight is a property which depends on your regional climates as well. Lighter comforters are suitable for warmer areas, and heavier ones are preferred for cooler areas.
The volume occupied by one ounce of down is called fill power. Fill power is what controls the insulation level of the comforter. Comforters with higher fill powers are preferred, as they both are lightweight, and insulate very well.
How to choose
It’s a fact that you can find several hundred varieties of comforters that are available on the market, hence choosing the down comforter brand is not easy but not impossible. With a little bit of knowledge and research, you can find the down comforters like Royal Hotel 100 percent Egyptian Cotton down comforter.
Many users found this down comforters as an opulence comforter as it is stuffed with solid white goose down inside. It is harvested from Siberia, and it is made to provide medium warmth throughout the year. The design includes 1500 TC 100 percent Egyptian cotton with a hypoallergenic cover which protects you from stuffy noses and runny eyes. If you want to clean the comforter, then do the only dry cleaning, which is a must for the materials used.
Baffle box design is also one of the best down comforters that allows you to sleep soundly without any disturbance and to move. The side gusset in a baffle box gives maximum warmth. It is available in pure white and comes in different sizes, including Full, California King, Queen, and King Size.
Best Value King Goose Down Comforter
The best value king goose down comforter is one of the excellent choices as it gives you warmth and comfort. This comforter offers several benefits, including 750 plus fill power that means it offers more down and less weight, and it is available at a very reasonable price. This is one of the best lightweight comforters that keep you warm and comfortable, and it is worth every penny.
Pinzon Hypoallergenic Down Alternative Comforter
Pinzon Hypoallergenic is what you need to keep you warm and comfortable. It is filled with 100 percent cotton shell with 50 ounces of HP filling and 100 percent polyester fill, and this product is made in the USA. It is available in king and queen sizes. Hypoallergenic down comforters give medium warmth and keep you warm and comfy year around. The continuous sewn through box structure is comparable to 550 fill power. It is easy to maintain and easy to wash, no need of dry cleaning, machine washable and dryable. Full or queen size comforter measures 90 x 96 inches. With 50ounces of fill, this comforter gives you sufficient thickness and medium warmth. This comforter makes it feasible to hold a range of personal preferences and keeps you warm and happy all through the year and in all seasons.
Know how to clean or wash your down comforter
It is essential to know how you should take care of your down comforter. When you start to use it, shake it for a few minutes to restore the loft. You can do it by fluffing it in the dryer for a few minutes as well. Shake your comforters regularly to expand the down clusters.
You should wash your down comforters 2 or 3 times in a year aside from regular spot cleaning. Always read the instruction before washing or cleaning as some down comforters should be cleaned with dry cleaning only. For others, you can use mild detergent and warm water on a large machine washer. Mind it, and you can wash in the machine if your down comforter is machine washable. Use dryer rings and dryer balls to prevent clumping. To dry it, run on low in the dryer for a couple of hours. Make sure that the down is evenly dried. Gently steam the fabric to treat the wrinkled shell fabric. You should never iron it.
Keep your down comforters in a comforter cover. This habit will keep your bedding clean and elongates its life. You can frequently wash the comforter cover. It is recommended to clean your comforter cover than to wash your down comforter regularly. To maintain freshness, allow your bedding to rest in the air for some time. When you are not using your down comforter, keep it in a well-ventilated place. Plastic bags are not recommended for keeping the comforters as these can trap moisture and create mildew.
Some useful tips
When you are ready to buy the top down comforter brand for you, try to keep these simple tips in mind. These will surely help you to make the perfect purchase. b
- Understand your sleeping habits well. If you are used to sleeping in a warm room or like to wear thick nightgowns, heavyweight down comforter is not made for you then. It would be better you buy a lighter one. Comforter having filled power 500 or below will be perfect for you. And if you like to wear light night dresses while sleeping and your room temperature is cool, then for the utmost comfort; choose all bean down comforter. A comforter with fill power 600 and above will be perfect for you.
- When buying a comforter, stick your hand into the comforter and try to press a fiberfill clump with your forefinger and thumb. If you can rub your fingers quickly, then the comforter is less likely to form clumps over time.
- Check if the down comforter has a high thread count. It is important. 300 or more thread count on the outer fabric will be okay. You will see fewer clumps over time, and the threads will also prevent the down from extra movements.
- Try to pick the down comforters filled with white down. Although the color doesn’t have much role in insulating, it may look cool. The Down comforters with white down are perfect in January. If you want to buy a comforter with white down, wait for the right season.
- After buying your new down comforters, allow it to expand and reach maximum fluffiness and a loft. It may take near about 72 hours after unpacking.
Enjoy the thick, luxurious and warm down comforters. Maybe throughout the year or on the coldest winter nights, it is the solution for all. A variety of styles and variety of ranges of down vs. down alternative comforter, choose which one is best for you. The down comforters are an investment for you, take your time and money to buy a suitable one. Don’t go with others as what is for them, may not be right for you. It is entirely for your nights and your warmth. Only you can understand your comfort zone. Try to do some researches on different types of Ikea down comforter and then make the purchase. Follow the instruction on how to maintain and enjoy your pick.
Best Lightweight Down Comforter Buying Guide
Thick, comfortable and warm down comforters are mostly lightweight and keep you warm and cozy during the coldest winter nights. When you want to buy a down comforter, it is significant to choose the best quality, lightweight and which fits your sleeping style and preferences. The best comforters come in different styles, and the preferences also differ from one individual to another. So, take your time to decide what exactly you want from your down comforter.
Choosing the Best lightweight Down Comforter
However, there are several styles and sizes to choose, including down, synthetic, wool, cotton, organic, and hypoallergenic. Choosing the lightweight down comforter can be intimidating as many makers claim that they use the best quality feather and they claim that white feathers down are better than gray feathers, and tout about goose vs. duck down. They don’t talk about thread count and fill power. So, it is important not to get confused with the advertisements, you just need to follow few steps to find the best lightweight down comforter. Here you can find few significant steps that can help you find the best comforter.
How To Choose?
Down Fill power
The higher the down fill inside the comforter, the better the quality, this is a simple rule of thumb. The big, strong cluster of down offers warmth and comfort, and they are more breathable than small, down clusters. Fill power of 400 or less is considered as low-grade down, the fill power of 500 and above is considered as high-quality down, and the fill power of 700 or above is luxury down comforters. Down comforter with high fill power is considered as lightweight down comforters; they look more fluffy and plush.
The classic comforter has been the most favorite comforter, and it is voted # 1 because of its quality and lightweight. The fill power of classic comforters is 525 fill power, and its thread count is 230, and it comes with a 100 percent cotton cover that is sewn through to reduce cold spots and shifting.
The quality of the down is important for a long lasting usage of down comforter. The down obtained from the underneath of goose and ducks are considered as the best quality down. It has a 3-dimensional structure that facilitates each cluster of down to entrap air, and it keeps you warm during the coldest winter nights, which you cannot expect exactly from the synthetic fiber down alternative comforter.
Higher quality down will obtain from a big and matured bird, whereas young down contains poor fill power and it can easily break down. There is no major difference in quality between white and gray, or goose and duck down.
White Goose Down Comforter
The white goose down comforter, which you mostly find them in luxury hotels will offer the best quality, lightweight and comfortable and makes you warm and cozy. This lightweight down comforter is worth every penny.
The thread count of the down comforter refers the thread count per square inch of the comforter. If the thread count is higher, this means the tighter the fabric stitching is. This makes the comforter, softer, smoother, and cozier. The low thread count is between 100 and 180, which is also called as muslin, and a higher thread count is 250 and above is measured as high-quality, and the thread count between 400 and 600 is considered a luxury.
These are some of the factors that you should consider before buying the lightweight down comforter.