People living in those areas having heavy snowfall in winter season need to clear the thick snow from their home driveway on a regular basis. They usually prefer to use the best snow blower over snow shovels as shovels take a lot of time to throw away the snow and tire out the doer. The type of blower that people choose depends upon their needs. Some people prefer electric snow blowers, some like gas-powered snow blowers.
Snow blower reviews and comparison is following.
Top 5 Snow Blowers Comparison
During a survey, we asked people their preferences in snow throwers and their brands. Every one had a different point of view according to their needs and personal experiences. The top 4 snow blowers are as follows:
1. Green Works Corded Snow Thrower Review:
Green Works is a Chinese company, and this snow blower is electric. It has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to operate, and the handle can also be adjusted to three different heights to suit the users as per need. This snow blower can clear 20-inch wide path. In areas where it snows heavily, it can cut down 20 inches deep with the help of its rubber molded steel blade. Handling the after-effects of a snowstorm is also not difficult for this Green Works Snow Blower. It is so easy to use that it can be started with a simple button touch, the chute can be adjusted, and the rear wheels also facilitate easy movement. Its cord lock feature holds the cord in place and does not let it disturb the user. It starts easily, does a smooth clean up and discharges snow 25 feet away from the blower. Also, it is easy to manage, as there is no maintenance hassle. Those who are environment conscious can get it tension free as it does not emit out harmful gases like gas snow throwers. In other words, it is a durable product with affordable price.
2. WORX WG650 18-Inch 13 Amp Electric Snow Thrower Review:
WORX brand works under the parenthood of a Chinese company, Positec, which makes garden equipment and power tools. The product being discussed is an electric blower which has a 13 amp motor and many other attractive features that attract customers towards it. This product gives convenience to the user in assembly, usage, and storage. Like a good friend, it gives comfort to the user and does more work itself. Having an ergonomic design and adjustable handle, this blower is easy to understand and operate. The chute can be adjusted with the adjuster available on the handlebar. It can dig 9 inches deep and throw away cleared snow 30 feet away. When not in use or when winter has passed the handle can be folded for compact storage in the garage. The wheels are also designed as such which give convenience in storage. As it is electric, it does not need maintenance. Being electric, it does not give out hazardous smoke. WORX is a trustable brand as it has gained name and fame due to its wide range of good quality products. They offer three years warranty on this product also. A worth is having a product with a lot of notable features. The other two snow blower reviews are following.
3. Snow Joe SJ620 Snowblower/Snow Thrower Review:
The Snow Joe SJ620 Snowblower is quite different compared to gas-automated snow throwers. The Snow Joe SJ620 snowblower is a heavy-duty snow thrower that has a 13.5 amp motor that is capable of throwing 650 lbs. of snow per minute. It has a scraper four-blade rotor that can effectively cut a pathway of 18 x 10 inches. It can clear driveways and walkways in half the time that you would on a regular snow thrower. Since it throws snow to up to 20 ft., you don’t need to worry about going through the pathway twice! What’s more impressive is that the Snow Joe SJ620 snowblower Thrower can clear about 2,450 square feet of snow in just an hour! It has a 180-degree adjustable chute, which means you can control the direction of the snow. You can even adjust the height of the snow stream. It is very easy to maintain even during the summer since it is electric. It is also designed with a push-button, instant start technology that switches on in just one push. No more arm straining pulling required! Also, maintenance is easy because it comes with a 2-year warranty! Also, you don’t need to worry about oil changes, gas refilling and the machine running out of batteries! Also, it has ergonomic grips that you can adjust to your liking. It won’t strain your back and your arms. The body is very easy to move and control that make handling the machine easy for all users.
5. Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower:
Toro is an American company which builds all kinds of turf maintenance equipment and snow removal equipment. This Power Curve Snow Blower Toro is ideal for residential use. It is small in size and has got all the requirements of the best snow blower. It’s 15 amp motor works with Power Curve Technology and moves more snow with excessive power in less amount of time than other blowers. Due to this technology, this blower can throw up to 700 pounds of snow in a minute. Moreover, its chute can be adjusted 160 degrees to be moved in different directions for throwing snow far away from the cleared site. It can cut 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep in thick snow. The discharge distance is 30 feet. The zip deflector controls keep an eye on the snow discharge pressure. The pressure can be adjusted from low to medium or high with the help of this control. Moreover, with a slight finger touch, the locking ratchet deflector can also be adjusted. Due to its ergonomic handle, it is easy to use and can be used by older adults also. This product speaks of its quality at its first look. It has got remarkable features which work remarkably too.
In the reviews above are described some of the snow blowers that were liked by many people after usage. It is for the readers to decide now, what type of snowfall they experience in their areas and which best snow blower will suit them according to their needs and requirements. Go through the snow blower reviews and choose the best one for you!
We have researched top Snowblower/Snow Thrower and gathered reviews and rating information, so you don’t have to. Everything you need to know about these Snowblowers/Snow Throwers is here on this website.
How to choose your Snowblower:
For most of us, a snowblower purchase is a significant buying decision. The price of the unit is certainly a major concern (price range from $100+ (small electric snowblower) to >$1000 for larger gas snowblower). However, make sure you make a choice based primarily on your needs. Let your needs dictate the type of snowblower and then drill down to the choice of a specific model to chose based on price and feature differences. Next, we proceed with the factors that determine your particular need, followed by a description of the different types of snowblowers and features you should consider for each type. We close with a short discussion on some safety concerns.
Factors to consider in deciding the type of snowblower:
- Size of driveway, walkways & decks to clear: Here is how to think about this, the larger the area you need to clear, the more passes you need to make with your snowblower to finish the job. A 10 ft wide driveway cleared length-wise would take 7 – 10 passes (for electric units), ~6 passes (single stage gas units) or 4 – 5 passes (two-stage gas units). Think about doing this for a long driveway, how many times do you want to go back/forth in winter weather? You need to consider your physical condition also, while electric & single stage units are lighter, most 2 stage models come with large traction wheels that are often powered, so you don’t have to push hard. Bottom line, chose 2 stage units if you have larger areas to clear, 1 stage units for medium areas and electric units for small areas, especially where maneuverability is an issue (decks for example).
- Nature & incline angle of the clearing surface: Two things to consider here: how smooth the surface is and how steep or hilly is your clearing area. Electric and 1 stage gas models come with an Auger (that’s the wheel that spins to collect snow) that’s rubber tipped and scrapes the surface area. This result very little snow left behind, the movement of the Auger could also help propel the snowblower forward. However, if the surface is gravel or stony, the snowblower would also pick up some gravel/stone and throw it out also. If you are clearing gravel surface, you will need 2 stage snowblowers where the Auger is displaced from the surface. 2 stage snowblowers are also good for steep inclines since these heavy units come with powered wheels.
- Amount and nature of the Snowfall: In short, heavier snowfalls will require larger 2 stage models. Consumer Report suggests using the following guideline: < ~4in snow depth for the electric snowblower, < 8in for 1 stage gas snowblower and > 8in snow depth for 2 stage snowblower. You will notice that some manufacturer specifications for the smaller models (e.g., electric) will specify a snow cut depth per pass that is larger than the guideline above (e.g., 12in for Toro’s popular power curve line); and this would be fine for these units if you are clearing dry/light snow. For wetter/heavier snow you need bigger models. In electric & 1 stage gas models, the Auger performs both the snow collection and expulsion task, so these units cannot throw snow very far, especially for wet/heavy snow. In 2 stage gas model, on the other hand, the Auger only does snow collection, while a separate Impeller mechanism would expel the snow, resulting in greater snow throwing capacity. Many of these units also have serrated Augers, which give greater snow cutting power, including cutting thru the icy snow.
Types of Snowblower:
- Electric Snowblower: Small, light & easy to maintain, these are powered by (rated in Amps) electric engines; good for clearing decks, walkways & small driveways and light snowfall. These units are perfect for light cleaning tasks. They can certainly save your back compared to shoveling the snow. One major difference between electric and gas powered units is the required electric extension cord, which decreases mobility. Proper extension cord suited for outdoor winter conditions is required. Toro, for example, suggests a minimum gauge (AWG) of 14 for a 100 ft cord and AWG of 12 for 150 ft cord (max length allowed).
- 1 stage Gas powered Snowblower: Medium sized snowblowers powered by gas engines. Single Auger for both snow intake and expulsion. These machines are used for medium snowfall and clearing sizes. They come with bigger capacity engine vs. electric models and larger wheels for better traction but are not suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
- 2 stage Gas powered Snowblower: High powered snowblowers with both Auger for snow intake and Impeller for expulsion, capable of handling heavy snowfall as well as large clearing areas and challenging environments. These units have bigger snow intake and snow throwing capacities. They also come with powered wheels. Some models have multiple speeds, including reverse. Some units also come with power steering and headlights for low light conditions.
- CARB Compliant Gas powered Snowblower: These unit comply with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standard. This is required for California residences, but might also be an attractive option for others seeking a greener solution.
Features to Consider:
Here is a list of features to consider when choosing a particular model:
- Engine Size: Measured in Amps for electric models and cc/hp in gas-powered models
- Clearing width: How wide the clearing intake is (in)
- Snow cut depth/pass: How high the intake area is (in)
- Intake size: Often the prior 2 specs will be listed together as intake size (A in X B in –> clearing width X snow cut depth)
- Diameter of the Auger (in)
- Diameter of the Impeller (in) –> only for 2 stage units
- Tire size & type (important for traction, quoted as diameter X width in inches)
- Weight of the unit (lbs)
- Snow throwing distance: up to Y ft
- Ease of use and adjustability of the handle and control panel
- Electric Start option: ease of starting close to an electric outlet (Gas powered only)
- Powered wheels: how many speeds/reverse speed available (large 2 stage models only)
- Power steering capacity (2 stage models only)
- Headlights (2 stage models only)
Snowblowers need to be treated carefully. Two main concerns need to be addressed.
Clearing the Chute or Auger Housing:
Your Snowblower could sometime get clogged up. This requires you to clear some snow inside the Chute (where the snow gets thrown from) or in the Auger housing. The danger is that the Auger may have been deformed because of jamming. It might snap back suddenly once the snow is causing the jam is cleared. If you clear the snow using your hand, this snapback action could cut your hands, causing serious injury. A famous instance of this was when Joe Sakic of hockey’s NHL Colorado Avalanche broke his finger trying to clear his snowblower’s Auger. NEVER use your hand doing this. Your model might come with a snow clearing tool, and if it does not, use a broomstick or some other tool to clear the clogged snow.
Use of advanced snow blower
The person is working with the snow blower does not feel the trembling, sound, or respire in the contaminant from this motor. Advanced snow blower wants to be often worked to defeat the flee height of deep snow covered, so it supplies beam aerobic work out to the person who is clearing snow on a regular basis. This portion benefits from more common mowing, of way. The snow blower is clean and gives calm down operation also the carbon-di-oxide release comes from the blower is less. Even as you can buy a trimmings catcher for a rotary blower, there is a modest tip in using one. One of the large payback of snow blower is that these models can last for a long time.
Noteworthy benefit of a snow blower
- The most noteworthy benefit of a snow blower that is better suited to huge snowfalls for the reason that it is heavy plus more influential up on snow.
- Most of the snow blowers perform the safe operation, and you can simply drag the machine above the snow.
- No extra effort is necessary for operating a snow blower the machine suitable for virtually all households.
- People who are going to clear the job with snow blower you have to know the depth of snow and how thick they are, so you can easily remove snow.
- You might even take pleasure in clearing the snow with the snow blower since it is so fast and noise free.
- It is so acceptable to make a job well done in the probable direct duration without any time delay.
- An additional benefit of a snow blower is that it is more effective and more durable.
Best features of snow blower
Snow blowers, also identified as snow throwers since are perfect for areas wherever snow can have an effect on mobility and stop you from getting in and out of your residence. Snow blowers also called snow throwers which are idyllic for the snow-covered region. Their main plus point is that they can fling snow out of front entrance and doorway and can be used to clear roads any driveways. They are obtainable in an electric form, which wants to stop in, and gab form that stores gasoline in a tank.
The paramount time to pay money for a snow blower is following the winter season has ruined, when they all, you have exact options for using a snow-removal equipment. If you are well, then surely you will feel no difficulty do work with the snow blower. The machine is self-boosted, so it is easy to maintain and handle. Also, most mock-ups for home use are fairly compacted and have lightweight, so still if you have to obtain the blower engine at a miniature distance, this will not be a subject. Moreover purchasing a snow blower is that you can discover them in jointly as one and two-phase, which funds that snow blowers throw snow up to 60 feet deep different an electric model, which simply comes in one stage and can only flying up to 20 feet.