The unfortunate truth is that with today’s highly sedentary lifestyle approximately 80% of Americans suffer from some sort of back pain. No matter if you suffer from chronic back pain due to an old injury or even arthritis or if your pain is short term due to a muscle strain due to exercise, there are several things you can do to help lessen or even alleviate that pain.
One of the best ways is through the use of a back massager. Luckily, there are a wide range of options available and at a price that won’t break the bank. Let’s run through 5 of our top choices!
Five Star Massage Seat Cushion
This outstanding option is particularly ideal for those that work at a desk for long periods of time. The Five Star FS8812 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion even has a heating option for added relief and is recommended in this article, by Today Best Reviews.
- Vibration Massager
- 3 Speeds & 4 Programs
- Hand Held Controls
- Heat Option
- Portable with car & AC adapters included
- Designed to target 4 zones. M1: Neck/Shoulders/Upper back, M2: Middle back, M3: Lumbar/Lower back, and M4: Thighs
- 3 year warranty
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
This massager offers a deep kneading massage, but is designed for ease of use on arms ans legs as well. If you’re looking for a multi-purpose device then this is one you should definitely consider. It also offers soothing heat and is ultra-portable. If you’re new to shiatsu, it is a German massage technique using circular-motion, deep kneading pressure on targeted acupressure points to help release tension and ease tight or sore muscles.
- 8 nodes for deep kneading massage
- Offers heat option
- 3 options for intensity (low, medium, high)
- Conserves energy by sutting down automatically after 20 minutes
Body Back Buddy Therapeutic Self Massage Tool
This manual massage tool from Body Back works exceptionally well for those whose back pain extends to the neck as well. It’s used by physical therapists and massage therapists alike, so you know it’s a great choice. It’s also simple to use and lightweight.
- Great for deep tissue massage therapy & myofascial release (MRF)
- Manual massager with no electronic components
- Easy to use
- Includes 12 page instruction manual & 30 day money back guarantee
Conair Body Benefits Heated Massager
This back massager offers heat as well, which is a plus for many people. You can use it for both upper and lower back pain, which is ideal for those who have back pain which isn’t centralized to one specific area.
- Can be used on upper & lower back
- 4 massage motors
- AC adapter included
- Highly portable
- Cushioned lumbar area
- Designed for use on back, lumbar and thighs
GESS 120 3D Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat
Shiatsu massage is a favorite of main massage lovers and pain sufferers, so if you’re one of them then this may be the perfect product for you. It curves to your spine and back to give a great 3D massage and it’s portable, so you can easily take it with you wherever you need it.
- 12 massage heads
- Offers 3D massage covering side to side massage, front to back massage & up and down massage
- Equipped with far infrared heating technology
- Automotically shuts off after 15 minutes to conserve energy
- Automatically shuts off for safety when overheating is suspected
Hopefully this article has shown that you can certainly obtain the back pain relief you need and want without spending a fortune to do so. Many of these versatile massagers can be used in other areas as well.
So, if you’ve been out for an awesome run, but wake up the next morning feeling a bit sore, you’ve already got a “go to” device to help get you through. Check out one of the 5 massagers we’ve listed above and you’ll be on your way to freedom from back pain in no time. Who doesn’t love that?
Image Source: DepositPhotos.com and amazon.com